55° Parallelogram Indexable Carbide Cutting Inserts For Turning Machines KNUX160405R - 11
Detailed Product Description
||External Turning Inserts
||10 Pcs / Box
KNUX160405R-11 - 55°Parallelogram Indexable Carbide Cutting Insert for Turning Machines
Solid carbide provides better rigidity than high speed steel. It is extremely heat resistant and used for high speed applications on 45steel, cast iron, nonferrous materials, plastics and other tough-to-machine materials.
- Solid carbide tools offer long tool life and faster cutting speeds than other substrates, but are more brittle and must be used with rigid toolholding systems
- Multi Layer coating TiC/Al2O3/TiN
- Good toughness, high strength in use and versatility for roughing, medium roughing of steel, alloy steel and cast-iron, especially for high speed and quick cutting
- Use for slotting and slab or straddle milling
Insert Width: .188
Corner Radius: .020
Through Hole: N/A
Chipbreaker Width: .086 x 12 degree
55° parallelogram inserts for profiling. Negative along the cutting edge and positive flank along the narrow edge.
KNUX single sided insert with Chipbreaker. Clamp on insert. 12 degree positive cutting action. 0 degree relief angle. For general purpose milling & turning carbon and alloy steels, tool steels.
Carbide Grades: (Choose above)
- Uncoated grade used primarily in mild cutting conditions. Used for turning and milling steel, cast iron and other non-ferrous metals.
- For roughing to semi-finishing of Steel.
- Multi Layer CVD (TiC/Al203/TiN) Aluminum Oxide Coated. Ideal for machining 200 and 300 series stainless steel, cast irons, non-ferrous alloys and most high temperature alloys. Excellent wear resistance.
- Multi Layer CVD (TiN/TiC/TiCN/TiN) coating. Best for general purpose milling and turning carbon and alloy steels and tool steels.
- 55° Parallelogram insert
- Single sided
- Positive rake
- 16mm cutting edge
- Available in left or right hand